Our aim is to keep the community informed about services and facilities that are available to people with learning disabilities. LDAWE does not endorse or recommend any of the facilities listed or any of the methods, programs, products, or treatments offered by such facilities. We urge consumers to review carefully any programs and services listed in order to select those, which will most appropriately meet the identified needs of the person with learning disabilities.
We encourage our readers to comment on and link to posts that interest them. We hope that respectful and civil conversation will follow. Be aware that all comments posted to LDAWE’s blog are moderated. Your comment may be removed if it is deemed inappropriate or offensive. Comments including, but not limited to, the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about a blogger or another participant
- Off-topic and redundant comments (including promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with LDAWE)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (including, but not limited to, racial, ethnic, or gender bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e. making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticizing his/her posting, opinion or comments
- Comments that violate the privacy of our clients and their families
You may also post questions regarding the material we post. We will do our best to answer your question as soon as possible.
For your safety, never include your phone number, email, address or other personal information in a post. Your comments are visible to all.
All LDAWE blog Contributors are posting content as volunteers. LDAWE does not pre-approve topics or review content published by the Contributors. Therefore, all opinions expressed on LDAWE’s blog belong to the Contributors alone and do not necessarily represent those of LDAWE.