Have you heard of GivingTuesday yet? This is the 3rd year that GivingTuesday has been around. The first year it was only held in the US, but last year it made its way to Canada and other countries around the world. LDAWE has been a partner in GivingTuesdayCA since last year. For those that do not know:
GivingTuesday is a global day of giving. After the sales of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, GivingTuesday is a time to celebrate and encourage activities that support charities and non profits. Whether it’s making a donation, volunteering time, helping a neighbour or spreading the word, GivingTuesday is a movement for everyone who wants to give something back. www.GivingTuesday.ca
This year, GivingTuesday takes place on Tuesday, December 2, 2014. There are multiple ways that you can get involved and support LDAWE and the GivingTuesdayCA movement:
1. #UNselfie – show your support for LDAWE and GivingTuesday by taking a picture of yourself holding a sign stating why you support LDAWE and post it on your social media acounts. Make sure to tag it #UNselfie, #GivingTuesdayCA, and #LDAWE. If you do not have a social media account, just email it to email@example.com and we will post it for you.
Having hard time coming up with your #UNselfie sign? We have created a couple of signs that you can use, plus a template sign where you can write your own message:
- Learning disabilities are invisible
- Learning disabilities and school drop out
- Learning disabilities supports are expensive
- Learning disabilities and employment
- Blank template
2. Text-to-Donate – during the months of November and December you can text LDAWE to 20222 and make a donation of $5, $10, $20, or $25 to LDAWE. A charitable donation receipt for your text-to-donate donation will be available from Mobile Giving Foundation Canada.
3. Interac Online Donation Matching Program – double the power of your donation by donating to LDAWE through CanadaHelps on December 2, 2014 between 9am – 11:59pm and pay by Interac Online and they will match up to $25 of your donation up to the first $10,000 donated.
4. Make a Donation – Make a safe and secure donation online to LDAWE through our CanadaHelps page or make an old fashion donation by cash or cheque to LDAWE at 647 Ouellette Avenue, Suite 101, Windsor, ON N9A 4J4.
All donations made to LDAWE stay in the Windsor-Essex community and are used to support our Resource and Support Centre, ongoing programs, and public awareness events. We hope that you will consider supporting LDAWE during this holiday giving season. Thank you for your ongoing support!